Opening A Yoga Studio Post Covid-19
Who would open a yoga studio post COVID-19. As our collective community begins to transition out of shelter in place, we are looking to discover our new normal. My Vinyasa Practice desires to provide a space for togetherness and growth while fulfilling our responsibility to keep our community safe. As individuals, as businesses, and as part of a community, we all have a personal responsibility to protect the health and safety of one another. We aim to conduct ourselves and our business in accordance with the guidelines set in place by the CDC. As individuals, it may seem as though we are one small drop in the collective pool, but what we may not see is the ripple effect that our contributions cause.
As a society, we have experienced collective trauma due to COVID-19. Many of us are unsure of how to come back into the community while maintaining health and safety. Ultimately, each one of us has to determine what feels right for our individual health and wellbeing first, and then we can take steps to protect the health and wellbeing of others. There will be a segment of the population that feels more comfortable staying home and avoiding other people and there will be another group that is ready to emerge from their isolation and reconnect. We want to honor both groups of people and provide them with the most responsible service during this time.
The first step in our opening process is to prepare the building. We’ve recently completed our 2,400 square foot buildout at ACC Highland, and the studio has been professionally cleaned and sanitized. We have put measures in place to prepare our managers and teachers by providing training opportunities so that everyone is on the same page with sanitation protocols. We will be controlling access to the building that also reduce touchpoints upon entry. Our social distancing plan is in alignment with the 25% capacity rule set out by Texas officials and provides small class sizes of no more than 18 students per class. This ensures a 6-foot parameter around each student’s mat. Below is a detailed description of what measures we are taking to safely open our studio on or around June 1st.
What systems does My Vinyasa Practice plan on using as we responsibly open our business post Covid-19 shelter in place order?
- Reduce the number of classes offered each day in order to limit the number of people coming in and out of the studio at the same time.
- Mandatory small class sizes, space available by prior reservation only.
- Place more space between each class time so we have the ability to wipe down and sanitize public spaces multiple times throughout the course of the day.
- Space mats at a 6ft minimum with the use of markers on the floor to help attain social distancing status.
- We have taken the initiative to make everything in the studio touchless- from sinks, to light switches, to toilets, we strive to make the studio a ‘touch-free’ zone as best we can.
- We have automatic hand sanitizer dispensers mounted at entryways/exits.
- No mat or towel rentals at this time. Towels will be available for purchase only, as collecting and cleaning dirty laundry may put our staff at risk.
- Continued compliance with the guidelines of the CDC as well as the suggestions put in place by the Government.
Will all the above precautions come to have best yoga learning experiance with us at the Best Yoga Studio in Austin. We are very happy to welcome you and help starting your yoga journey with us.